Sarah Wilson, Signed Copy.
A hopeful path forward in a fractured world.
Will you sleep through the revolution? Or do you want to wake up and reclaim your one wild and precious life?
We live in truly overwhelming times. The climate crisis, political polarisation, racial injustice and coronavirus have left many of us in a state of spiritual PTSD. We have retreated, morally and psychologically; we are experiencing a crisis of disconnection – from one another, from our true values, from joy, and from life as we feel we are meant to be living it.
Sarah Wilson argues that this sense of despair and disconnection is ironically what unites us – that deep down, we are all feeling that same itch for a new way of living. this one wild and precious life opens our eyes to how we got here and offers a radically hopeful path forward. Drawing on science, literature, philosophy, the wisdom of some of the world’s leading experts, and her personal journey, Wilson weaves a one-of-a-kind narrative that lights the way back to the life we love. En route, she leads us through a series of ‘wildly awake’ and joyful practices for reconnecting again that include:
– Go to your edge. Do what scares you and embrace discomfort daily. Use it to grow into your Big Life.
– #buylesslivemore. Break the cycle of mindless consumption and get light with your life.
– Become a soul nerd. Embrace poetry, deep reading, art, and classical music to light up your intellect.
– Get ‘full-fat spiritual’. How to have an active practice – beyond the ‘lite’ ‘rainbows and unicorns’ – and use it to change the world.
– Hike. Just hike. Walking in nature reconnects us with ourselves, and with our true purpose.
– Practise wild activism. If you can get 3.5 per cent of a population to participate in sustained, non-violent protest, change happens. We create our better world.
The time has come to boldly, wildly, imagine better. We are being called upon, individually and as a society, to forge a new path and to find a new way of living. Will you join the journey?